This weekend Costco has Australian lamb chops on sale. I’ve never cooked lamb. I don’t know much about it other than it goes well with rosemary and thyme. I have no idea what makes an Australian lamb chop different from any other lamb chop other than the county it comes from… I’m feeling like I should do some research now.
Anyways, I bought them. I made them. They were delicious. I roasted butternut squash with apples and raisins to go with the chops. Also delicious. I’ll post that recipe soon.
For now, here’s how the chops went down:
- 8-10 Australian lamb chops
- 1/4 cup olive oil + 1tbsp for cooking
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp rosemary, lightly ground (picture below)
- Place all the ingredients into a gallon plastic bag. Let it marinate a minimum of 30 minutes at room temperature. I placed mine in the refrigerator for 90 minutes then took it out 30 minutes before cooking.
- Heat oven to 400*.
- Heat a cast iron skillet with a tablespoon of oil. When it’s hot, place chops in. Brown on each side for about 3 minutes.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let rest on a plate, not in cast iron.
I forgot to take a picture of the finished product. 😦 I promise it looked and tasted delicious!