Monday: I’m trying out a new gym this week. I went on Friday as well. It’s very different from CrossFit but it seems like it will really help with getting ready for the half-marathon I will be running in a few months. I think my abs are going to hurt all week after this workout…
21-15-9-3 with a 50m sprint between each couplet
- Russian KB Swings
21-15-9-3 with 100 single unders between each couplet
- 20in box step-ups, each round do the total number for each leg
14 min AMRAP
- 8 burpees
- 50 mountain climbers
- 15 V-ups
- 15 Chrunches
- 15 Reverse Crunches
- 12 KB squat into upright row
3 rounds of 30 seconds on – 30 seconds off
- Flutter kicks
- Russian twists
Tuesday: Today should have been a 28 min run going 2 mins on/2 mins off. I miscalculated my time and ended up only being able to run for 22 minutes before I had to be back for a webinar.
1.8 miles in 22 minutes. 2 minutes of running, 2 minutes of walking.
I loved this workout!
4 Couplets done 3x each with a 400m run after finishing the three rounds
- 10 Dealifts – 10 Box jumps
- 8 Back squats – 20 twisting sit-ups
- 12 Dumbbell lunges – 12 leg lifts
- 12 KB Plie – 12 Pirouette bar jump overs
After the last run, we did two rounds of:
- 1 minute plank
- 15 hanging leg lifts (one front, one left, one right = 3)
- 5 Ab Wheel Roll Outs
- 12 Windshield wipers
Thursday: Yesterday was leg day. Today was arms. It was the same style workout though and lots of fun.
4 Couplets done 3x each with a 400m run after finishing the three rounds.
- 8 Bench Press (45#) – 10 Up Down Planks
- 8 Barbell Bent Over Rows – 10 Side Plank Reach Throughs
- 5 Strict Pulls ups (with a green band) – 10 Slamballs (20#)
- 8 Dumbbell front raises/8 side raises – 4 Ab Wheel Roll Outs
After the last run we did 30 seconds on/30 seconds off for three rounds of:
- Rope Slams
- Flutter Kicks
- Mountain Climbers
I took the day off but did spend 90 minutes walking around the San Diego Zoo.
4.73 miles – For the first three miles I ran 2 minutes, walked 2 minutes. At 3 miles my IT band started bothering me. My running time got shorter and shorter until I couldn’t run at all. 😦
Lots of stretching my IT band.