I have started my half marathon training nice and slow. I’m also checking out a new gym to see if it will work better with preparing for the run.
For Time: 18:37
30 “Curtis P” 35# (these are a power clean then one lunge on each leg – that equals 1)
I started a 20 week half marathon program. I’m hoping it will give me enough time to not be in terrible pain come race day. First day was 30 minutes of 1 minute running, 2 minutes walking.
AMRAP in 25 minutes of:
2 Overhead Squats starting at 15# and going up by 5 each time.
11 total rounds
Continue half marathon training. 30 minutes of 1 minute run, 2 minute walk with a 3 minute warm-up and cool-down.
I tried a new gym today. I forgot to take a picture of the workout but I believe this was everything we did. And yes – we did 3 separate AMRAPs!
AMRAP in 15 Minutes
- 100 single unders
- 8 each leg (16 total) Single leg dead lift
- 5 Hanging knee raises (1 front, 1, right side, 1 left side =1)
- 12 Thrusters @ 35#
- 16 Single leg squats into a bench
AMRAP in 12 minutes
- Alley run (about 100m)
- 12 Bosu Ball lifts (lay down with ankle on Bosu Ball, lift hips and butt as you roll the ball in until your feet are flat on the ball)
- 15 crunches
- 15 Reverse crunches
- 10 inch worms w/o a push-up
- Split squats with 15# dumbbells
AMRAP in 9 minutes
- 40 Flutter Kicks
- 40 Scissor kicks
- 50 mountain climbers
- 12 Reverse Lunges
3.17 miles – Time: 40:12
- 3 minute warm up
- running for 1 minute, walking for 2 – for a total of 3 miles
- 3 minute cool down